Common Indicators of A Need for Furnace Repairs
Your gas furnace provides warmth and comfort on those cold Concord, NC winter nights when a chill is in the air. You’ve made a major investment in your furnace, so if it breaks down, it’s important to call an experienced HVAC contractor who can quickly locate the problem and make the necessary furnace repairs.
Furnace Repair and Maintenance in Concord, NC
Today’s advanced furnaces incorporate many high-tech components, but you can usually tell if your furnace is about to break down by looking for these common warning signs.
- The Pilot light Won’t Stay Lit: If your pilot light keeps going out, your furnace may have a clogged orifice, improper flame adjustment, failed thermocouple or a bad ignition switch.
- There’s no Heat in Your House: If the air blowing out of the registers is cold, your furnace probably has a faulty gas valve, which can interrupt the flow of fuel into the combustion chamber.
- The Blower Won’t Shut Off: If the blower won’t shut off after the heating cycle is complete, your furnace may have a faulty fan switch. It’s important to check the fan setting on your thermostat to make sure it’s in the “auto” position so it only runs when the thermostat calls for heat.
- You Notice an Unpleasant Odor: Musty furnace odors during the first cycle of the season are normal, but if there’s a burning smell coming from your registers when the furnace is running, shut the unit off and immediately call for repairs.
- Your Monthly Heating Bill Unexpectedly Increases: Weather-related utility bill fluctuations are expected, but a sudden spike in your heating costs may indicate you have a problem with your furnace.
Complete Furnace Repair Solutions
If you suspect you need furnace repairs, call the pros at Dulin Mechanical Services, Inc. today. One of our friendly representatives can answer your questions and schedule a service appointment.
You May Also Like
Your family deserves a furnace that will keep them warm on even the coldest days of the year. If your furnace is… Continue Reading Is My Furnace Running Efficiently in Harrisburg, NC?…
If you’re like most people in Concord, NC, you probably think of winterizing your home as something you do in the fall.… Continue Reading It’s Not Too Early to Winterize Your HVAC System in Concord, NC…
Are you looking to install an HVAC system for your new construction in Concord, NC? Then you need to understand that the… Continue Reading Why Size Matters for Your New Construction HVAC in Concord, NC…